Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Open Mic Report - October 2013


The Open Mic Report
 St Blasé Open Mic Show
Saturday October 26, 2013

 Time Started:
About 8:30pm

Attendance:
About 30 people showed up

Number of Performing Acts:
2 Acts
1.      Ukulele Bob – Harmonica – Ed – Rockabilly Dave (guitar)
2.      Sheryl (vocals) - Penny (tambourine)  - Pam (guitar) – Beatle Dave (guitar)

Summary
In The beginning:
The first time I had gone to this “Open Mic Show”, which was back in September 27, 2013. My very first thoughts were that I gathered since it was going to be down inside of a church basement; I figured that the place was going to be a small room like, because most open mics I have gone to, they’re usually most commonly are held inside of a small room atmosphere like.  BUT!!! This open mic that I had gone to; I was really taken by a big huge surprise! This place was a really huge banquet hall! It is about the size as The Grand Old Opry Stadium! MAN! - This place was huge! I was so amazed that I felt like a big dummy that I brought my ukulele and my little small amplifier that was the size of a small car battery.

When I came for the first time, I had no extension cords nor not even a microphone! I came un-prepared not even having a single luxury! I just could have wished that I had brought my larger amplifier that evening, but I had no idea what it was going to be like? There were over 75 people showed up that evening, I really had a real great time that evening. And there was at least 10 different performing acts.

Saturday, October 26, 2013:
I had invited several of my friends and relative to come this event, BUT none of them had showed up; because they had other previous engagements, all except for Norine, Peter and Patty, they were the only ones that had come. There were at least about 30 people came; this included all of us together.

And where was the rest of the crowd? Well, Beatle Dave and a few others had figured out that it was a Halloween weekend and everyone was out with their kids going to parties and other events.

This time, I even made it allot better this time around, by bringing almost the right equipment with me this time, but the sound would of have been a lot better, only if I had my old equipment with me that I had lost in the flood about 3 years ago. My current sound system equipment that I have now, I was getting a lot of sound feedback; wasn't all  that great but it was OK as for now.

However, Still I had a really great time at the Open Mic Show, it was really fun doing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment